DesignCon is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
No one should go hungry – Together we can create a sustainable support system. In partnership with Second Harvest of Silicon Valley, a member of Feeding America, DesignCon has launched a virtual
1. Eliminating Single-Use Carpet – We have discontinued single-use carpeting on the expo hall floor, replacing it with recycled or carpeting that will be re-used at another event, to reduce the carbon emissions associated with the event.
2. Reducing Printed Materials – We eliminated a printed event guide in favor of a digital version along with using digital platforms, such as the Smart Event digital resource and mobile app
3. Running Sustainable Exhibitor Contests– We award prizes to exhibitors who recycle, repurpose, and reduce their exhibit material
4. Recycling Printed Signage – As an annual event, we make sure to develop printed materials that can be reused
5. Utilizing Digital Signage – We replaced traditionally printed signage with digital options where possible
6. Surveying Exhibitors and Attendees – We research exhibitor and attendee views on our progress and survey audience travel patterns for participation at DesignCon
1. Encourage less printing and provide more information digitally when it comes to booth literature, fulfilling requests via email and website referrals
2. If you must print, create reusable non-dated signs that can be used year after year
3. Avoid foam core signs and request recyclable material such as cardboard signage
1. Request sustainable options from GES
2. BYOF!- Avoid carpet and bring your own flooring, like puzzle foam flooring that can be reused at all your shows
3. Break down ALL cardboard boxes and put in the correct recycling bin
4. Request additional booth bins for recycling and compost collection
5. Use only compostable or recyclable service ware for samples and give-a-ways
6. Use the stickers provided at the Exhibitor Services desk to mark your materials for recycling or donation
7. Set a goal to leave no trace behind by shipping out all booth properties and packing materials and donating extra giveaways
1. Water Conservation
2. Waste Reduction
3. Energy Conservation
4. Air Quality/CO2 Impact
1. Inspiring Sustainable Development
Our first aim is for our events to inspire sustainable development. This is about the sustainability of the industry that our event serves. With focus on our content and partnerships, we inspire our attendees, exhibitors, and event teams to deliver a sustainable event.
2. Running an Environmentally Responsible Event
Our second aim is to run our events in an environmentally responsible manner. The key is considering how we can reduce our carbon footprint through energy efficiency, consideration of our energy use, waste reduction and our procurement choices.
3. Running a Socially Responsible Event
Our third aim is to run our events in a socially responsible manner. This requires us to think about the impact we have on the local community and whether we are being a good neighbor. It also includes how we consider the welfare of everyone at our events, how we do business in an ethical and safe manner and how we promote equality and accessibility.
FasterForward is DesignCon and Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business. A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers, and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
See the full list of commitments and find out more