DesignCon offers you all the materials you need in order to gain funding for your attendance. With expert advice, pre-conference justification documents and post-conference reporting templates, your manager or supervisor is sure to appreciate the investment made into your education and training, as well as to your company's success.
We encourage you to review the materials in this section to gain a greater understanding of DesignCon and effectively communicate the value of your participation to your approving manager.
Reasons to Attend
Which topic tracks or specific sessions have particular relevance to your job, department or organization's current priorities and goals? Which sessions will provide insight into a particular challenge or goal your organization is facing right now, or expects to face in the next 12 months? Identify specifically what you can use, and how.
The Hands-on Tutorials and numerous other training sessions offered at DesignCon will encourage your skill development and help you achieve your professional goals. Bring back new skills, techniques and approaches to your organization.
Meet and interact with industry professionals and technical experts in similar roles and organizations around the country. Gain valuable information and insights, understand what peer organizations are talking about and planning for, and see how they are accomplishing certain goals or tackling specific challenges that are similar to your own.
DesignCon will help build your team by providing practical, hands-on training opportunities so you can bring back new design techniques and insights to your team, to bring them up the learning curve faster and build a shared knowledge base for applying this information to improve your organization's processes, programs and strategies.
EXPO HALL BENEFITS
The Expo will showcase vendors with new products you could use or evaluate head-to-head for potential future use. It's an opportunity to collect first-hand information and compare competing technologies. It's also a chance to discover companies you've never heard of before, offering solutions you don't even know about yet, so you can come to more informed decisions quickly on your current and future projects.
DesignCon is strategically timed as the first major industry conference and exhibition of the year. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley at the Santa Clara Convention Center, DesignCon provides designers and engineers with opportunities to learn about state-of-the-art techniques and products that address the latest signal integrity and power integrity challenges for high-speed designs. It is the largest meeting of chip, board, and system designers, and is the ONLY event to address chip/system/package design challenges.
2016 Technical Tracks
DesignCon Speakers are selected through a rigorous review process conducted by the Technical Program Committee. They constitute an elite group of practicing engineers, offering leading-edge case studies, technology innovations, practical techniques, design tips and application overviews.
DesignCon 2016 Session Topics Include:
- Optimize Chip-Level Designs for Signal/Power Integrity
- Analog/Mixed-Signal Modeling & Simulation Challenges
- Wireless and Photonic Integration
- System Co-Design Modeling and Simulation
- Characterize PCB Materials & Processing
- Apply PCB Design Tools
- Design Memory and Parallel Interfaces
- Optimize High-Speed Serial Design
- Detect and Mitigate Jitter, Crosstalk, and Noise
- High-Speed Signal Processing for Equalization & Coding
- Power Integrity in Power Distribution Networks
- Electromagnetic Compatibility/Mitigating Interference
- Apply Test and Measurement Methodology
- Signal Integrity with RF/EM Analysis Techniques
The three days at DesignCon will be the most cost-effective educational and training choice you will make all year. You will experience a full year of benefits in the form of new and greater knowledge and practical skills and techniques that you can apply directly to your job. The most effective way to gain approval is to focus on what you will bring back to the organization to demonstrate return on the investment.
Here are more tips on getting employer support for attending:
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues or team members to share what you learned. They will get the benefits of your attendance, too.
- If you purchase a conference pass, you will have access to all conference proceedings -- session handouts and videos to share with your colleagues back at the office.
- Explain what you plan to get out of attending and how that will benefit your work, projects and organization.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
- Offer to share a room to reduce hotel expenses.